- Hydrate like it's my job...drink, pee, drink, pee, drink, pee
- Cut toenails to avoid blisters
- Familiarize myself with the course and know where the aid stations are located
- Body Glide is my friend...every nook, cranny, crevice, corner should be coated
- Get really good sleep tonight...it's not the night before the race, it's 2 nights prior that make the difference
- Pour over the play list and make sure that the first song isn't the fastest...biggest mistake is going too fast, too quickly...conserve energy
- Wear supportive, comfortable shoes today and tomorrow....but NOT my running shoes...they need 48 hours for the cushion to spring back
- Minimize alcohol or cut it out period
- Eat healthy...don't just load up on carbs
- Pray for joy, fun, and minimal wind
If I forget to tell you because I'm exhausted, dehydrated or beaming...thank you. Thank you to everyone who has loved me and encouraged me on this journey. I will carry you with me whether it rains, it shines, it's windy....I will hold you in my heart forever grateful that I'm not alone.
Here we go...