They can't all be, right?
But this year was for me.
If I could place myself in a movie, I would be that girl who came out of her shell....who morphed from the caterpillar into the butterfly...and soared to find her true self...you know, the one that had been hidden for sometime.
After deciding by sheer will that 2012 would be the "Year of Kelly," I found running or, it found me. Either way, the love and discipline of putting one foot in front of the other saw me through three half marathons, one Hellacious trail run, a 5K mini race, countless early morning short runs, and many, many long Saturday morning training jaunts.
Running helped me to regain my self confidence, to garner time dedicated to breathing in and out and taught me to let go of my past transgressions and simply to trust.
Undoubtedly, I was transformed.
And so, I sit staring down a new year...2013....and it feels a bit ostentatious and entitlement-driven to dub this next year, my year again...but why not? Shouldn't every day of our lives be for the living? Shouldn't we yearn to soak it all in and to not be afraid of what lies waiting around the corner?
So, here's my proposed 2013 bucket list.
- 5 Half Marathons
- Cheering the hell out of my good friend while she kills it in her first FULL Iron Man race
- Yoga and lots of it
- Writing....more of it and more unabashed accounts of what lies inside of me
- Swimming, Dancing, Singing, and in general Enjoying the hell out of my Family
- Dreaming...clinging to the hope that one day I will find myself in Tuscany
- Thanking God daily for my blessings